A KILOMETER TWICE AS CHEAP
In transport, natural gas is used as compressed natural gas (CNG) or liquefied natural gas (LNG). Natural gas is ideally suited for automotive fuel, it is found in large quantities on Earth, and it is also possible to produce biomethane (equivalent to natural gas).
There are other gaseous fuels (like the LPG car gas), but CNG is the most efficient and most clean natural fuel.
Advantages of compressed gas:
- Two times more economical. When driving on CNG, it costs about 3 euros per 100 km, whereas on petrol, the cost is around 6.5 euros per 100 km.
- Environmentally friendly. COG emissions from CNG are about 25% lower than for petrol. Only carbon dioxide and water vapour remain in the combustion of CNG. In the burning of petrol, poisonous carbon monoxide and nitrous oxide, hydrocarbons, carbon black and other fine particles are released in addition to CO₂.
- CNG is a pioneering biomethane that is a renewable source of energy and a significant future fuel. Biomethane is a purified biogas, the quality of which is equal to natural gas. Biogas is produced during the fermentation process of garbage, animal waste from farms, sewage sludge.
- No exhaustion to the living environment. Due to the pipeline transport of natural gas, the load on roads and railways, and the amount of exhaust gases and noise will be reduced.
- The choice of natural gas vehicles will be extended. The CNG car is by nature hybrid. A bi-fuel engine drives both gas and petrol, and when the gas runs out the car automatically switches itself to petrol. CNG vehicles are produced serially at factories, ensuring their safety and effectiveness. Many large automotive companies include CNG vehicles in their model range.
- The network of fuelling stations is expanding. Eesti Gaas CNG stations are located today in Tallinn, Pärnu, Narva and Tartu (see map) and the network is expanding all over Estonia. Other companies are also starting to build gas stations. By 2025, the goal is to cover the EU main road network with a CNG filling station every 150 km as a minimum.
- Refuelling is simple, clean and safe. Our gas stations can refuel both compressed gas cars (smaller dispenser) and trucks (bigger dispenser).
Calculate your savings
Due to its efficiency, compressed gas is cheaper than any other automotive fuel.
* In the case of diesel and natural gas, around 1400-2000 € is added to the price of a car, compared to petrol.
** Installing an automobile gas (LPG) device costs around € 1,000.