Let's get electricity costs under control
The right electricity package and economical consumption
When choosing an electricity package, it is good to know the amount of energy you consume and to be based on your current consumption habits, for example, whether most of the energy is consumed at night or during the day. In addition to traditional fixed and exchange price packages, we offer a universal electricity service to domestic customers from 01.10.2022.
A properly chosen electricity package helps to reduce energy costs, but reviewing and changing your consumption habits often provides more significant savings. Read tips for energy saving HERE.
- Contract period: 12, 24 or 36 months
- Price: from 13,65 cents/kWh
In the case of a fixed package, the price of electricity is the same throughout the whole contract period, the fluctuations of the exchange price do not affect your invoice, and costs are easier to plan.
We offer one-tariff and two-tariff options:
- The one-tariff rate option applies the price agreed upon in the contract for every hour in the 24-hour period.
- This package is better suited if most of the electricity is consumed during the day.
The two-tariff rate option calculates day and night electricity consumption separately.
- The two-tariff price can be chosen if there is a dual-tariff meter, which measures day and night consumption separately, or an hourly meter at the place of consumption.
- The daily rate is valid from Monday to Friday from 7 am to 10 pm (except public holidays).
- The nightly rate is valid from Monday to Friday from 10 pm to 7 am and on all Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays throughout the day.
- Contract period: termless
- Price: Stock excange price + 0,684 cents/kWh
- The exchange price depends on the price of the Nord Pool (NP) stock exchange, which changes on an hourly basis.
- The stock price is supplemented by a fixed sales margin.
The exchange price is often considered to be more favourable than the fixed price, but more recent experience has shown that the stock exchange price may just as well rise as fall, and therefore one must be ready for both scenarios.
Monthly average prices for NP power exchange in the Estonian region
- Contract period: valid until April 30, 2026
- Price: 19,15 cents/kWh + monthly fee 1,95 €
Universal service is a state-regulated electricity price that has been implemented as a temporary measure to help people cope with exceptionally high energy prices.
The universal service is intended for home consumers and persons who mediate electricity to home consumers (apartment associations, management companies, etc.).
- The price is formed over the counter on the basis of the production price agreed with the Estonian Competition Authority, the seller’s cost component is added to it.
- The price may change if input prices change significantly.
- The package is valid from October 1, 2022 to April 30, 2026.
Until 30.09.2023, when switching to universal service for the first time, a customer using a previously fixed electricity package does not have to pay the penalty stipulated in the fixed package contract for early termination of the contract.
If you wish, you can leave the universal service with 7 days’ notice.
More information about the universal service can be found HERE.
Green electricity – purely from solar energy
You can choose to buy exclusively renewable electricity at Eesti Gaas. We offer green electricity produced purely from solar energy.
- Choose „Fixed (one- or two-tariff) or „Exchange“ electricity package.
- Mark the „green energy“ box in our e-service or contact our customer service email@example.com.
All business customers contributing to green energy will receive an “Eco-friendly contribution” certificate from us.
How to enter into an electricity contract?
First of all, the ongoing contract must be terminated by notifying the current provider 14 days in advance.
The electricity contract usually starts from the first day of the month and must be concluded no later than 7 days before the 1st day of the month, with the exception of those entering into a new network contract, who will be able to enter into an electricity contract from the same day as the network contract.
Electricity contracts can be concluded by anyone on whose behalf the measuring point network agreement is concluded.
The easiest way to enter into an electricity contract is through our e-service or contact our customer service firstname.lastname@example.org
You have 3 choices:
- Option 1: Ask the distribution network contract owner to make the electricity contract him or herself.
- Option 2: Ask the distribution network contract owner to authorize you to make the electricity contract.
- Option 3: Remake the distribution network contract to your own name.
The fixed price electricity package “Fixed” provides a fixed electricity price for a period of 1 to 2 years. Market price fluctuations do not affect the invoices, and the price of kWh of electricity remains the same for each month. You can choose between a two-tariff and a one- tariff option, in both cases the calculation of the price is based on the hours consumed.
Electricity contracts with an exchange price are indefinite. The price per kWh changes according to the hourly rates of the Nord Pool (NP) stock exchange, meaning it is possible to gain from the discounted price periods at the exchange, while also being prepared for a price increase.
Eesti Gaas purchases electricity from Nord Pool and sells it to its customers by adding a small commission, as all market participants.
Why choose electricity from Eesti Gaas?
Eesti Gaas sells electricity from 2013 when the electricity market opened to all business. We have the experience and knowledge and we are able to offer good prices compared to the market leader. As of 01.01.2020, the balance manager of Eesti Gaas is Scener OÜ.
- We offer electricity not just to our natural gas customers but to all our clients.
- Electricity contract will give you a discount from your natural gas price.
- Payments are easy. All costs on one invoice – electricity, natural gas, Elektrilevi and Gaasivõrk distribution network costs.
Documents related to Eesti Gaas electricity sales can be found HERE.