Connecting to the gas network means signing a first-time contract for the supply of gas at a specific supply point along the border of the registered immovable. This applies both to an existing gas pipeline and to a new pipeline being constructed. As a rule, AS Gaasivõrk considers the owner of the respective property or his or her authorised representative as being the prospective connectee and party to the supply contract.
1. Requesting a quote
- In order to determine the feasibility and approximate cost of connecting to the gas network the connectee must submit basic information on the site. To do so, please fill out the relevant online form HERE
- The network operator will provide an initial quote based on the data to enable the prospective connectee to decide whether to continue the process or not.
2. Signing a connection contract
- If the prospective connectee accepts the connection offer, a connection contract will be concluded with the network operator and payment terms agreed upon.
- In the case of an object located in a district heating region the connectee must present the consent of the district heating supplier in order to connect to the gas network.
3. Design and construction of the supply point
- The network operator will arrange the design and construction of the gas pipeline (including gas installation(s)) up to the supply point at the border of the registered immovable.
- The connectee will be responsible for arranging the design and construction of the gas pipeline from the supply point to the consumer installation, including the installation of gas appliances. Construction works and design can be ordered from our sister company EG Ehitus.
4. Signing a network contract
5. Concluding a contract for the sale of gas
6. Commencement of gas supply
AS Gaasivõrk price list for services.
Fill application HERE
From December 4, 2023, the price of AS Gaasivõrk network service is 12.139 €/MWh (0.012139 €/kWh). The price has been approved by the Competition Authority with decision No. 7-3/2023-130 of 26.09.2023. VAT is added to the price of the network service. The price including VAT is 0.014810 €/kWh.
The price of AS Gaasivõrk network service includes the price of AS Elering gas transmission service, which is 7.56 €/MWh.
When converting the amount of gas consumed into energy units, the network operator is based on the network rules for the functioning of the gas market. The amount of gas in energy units in kilowatt-hours is the product of the cubic volume of gas and the upper calorific value of the gas.
More detailed information on conversion to energy units with examples can be found here.
You can find more information about calorific values of natural gas here.
The network prices of Network Companies agreed with the Competition Authority can be found here.
From June 1, 2023, the new AS Gaasivõrk standard terms of the network contract apply (decision no. 7-10/2023-003, 19.04.2023).
- Standard terms for network contract of AS Gaasivõrk (unofficial translation in English)
- Standard terms for network contract of AS Gaasivõrk (in Estonian )
The standard terms of the network contract were changed in connection with the fact that the price of the network service approved by the Estonian Competition Authority, which entered into force from 01.06.2023, is in energy units. Therefore, clarifications have been included in the new standard terms of the network contract, which, together with examples of conversion into energy units, are helpful for the consumer to understand how the reading of his gas meter at the end of the month is obtained on account of the amount to be paid.
Information related to the gas stockpiling fee has also been added to the new standard terms.
Natural gas excise duty
Natural gas is taxed with an excise tax if natural gas is used as a fuel, i.e. heat is produced from natural gas (the purpose of heat production – heating buildings, for the needs of technological processes, etc. – is not important here).
Effective from May 1, 2020, the excise duty rate for natural gas used as fuel or motor fuel is 0.04000 €/m3.
Starting from January 1, 2019, the natural gas excise rate for companies with an excise exemption permit for intensive gas consumption is 0.01130 €/m3 of natural gas.
More information about the natural gas excise can be found on the website of the Tax and Customs Board.
Gas stockpiling fee
Amendments to § 267 and § 268 of the Natural Gas Act, which entered into force on 01.05.2023, stipulate that from 01.05.2023, the costs of managing the strategic gas reserves of AS Eesti Varude Keskus will be covered from the gas stockpiling fee.
The network operator adds the gas stockpiling fee to the network service bill presented to the consumer, together with the gas excise rate and the network service fee, and also adds VAT to all of them.
The gas stockpiling fee, expressed in euros per megawatt-hour of gas sold, is established one month before its entry into force by a regulation of the Minister of Economy and Infrastructure. From May 1, 2023, the gas stockpiling fee is 0.40 €/MWh without VAT. From January 1, 2024, the gas stockpiling fee is 0.45 €/MWh without VAT.
The customer is billed by AS Eesti Gaas as the person named by AS Gaasivõrk for the network fee and other fees specified in the network contract and excise duty for the network service.
Among the gas sellers, AS Eesti Gaas has concluded an agreement to submit a joint bill.
- The network contract must be entered into as soon as possible after the purchase of a real estate (for example, an apartment). The fastest and most convenient way to enter into a network contract is to submit a joint change of ownership application.
- Entering into a network contract is free of charge.
- The AS Gaasivõrk legal representative prepares a new draft network agreement within 3 days and submits it to the new owner. The parties will conclude the new network agreement within a reasonable period of time and either on paper or digitally.
- You have the right to terminate the network contract at any time by notifying us at least 1 month in advance. To terminate the contract, submit an application for termination of the network contract.
- The network contract must be terminated when the real estate is sold or the consumer changes.
- If a new consumer enters the place of consumption, the network contract with the previous owner terminates when the network contract with the new consumer is concluded.
- If the new consumer has not entered into a new network contract within 1 month, the network contract of the previous owner will be terminated in accordance with the application for termination of the network contract.
- If the new owner of the place of consumption does not want to continue consuming gas, please fill in the gas shutdown form. Gas shut-off is free.
More information and consultation regarding contractual changes write to email@example.com or call +372 660 0009 (home and business client).
The regulation for opening and closing the gas supply regulates the process of opening and closing the gas supply for connected clients in the network area and related activities and documentation.
Closing of gas supply according to the Natural Gas Act:
- if there is danger to the life, health or property of persons or to the environment, the network operator has the right to disrupt a network connection without giving advance notice thereof to the customer;
- when it is established that illegal use of gas has taken place, the network operator has the right to disrupt the network connection immediately;
- the network operator has the right to interrupt the supply of gas, having given at least 7 days’ notice, in the following situations:
- the consumer installation adversely affects the supply of gas to another customer or the technical parameters of the network;
- the network operator is prevented from accessing a metering system located on premises owned or occupied by the customer or producer in order to inspect or replace the system or to perform any work which is necessary for operating the consumer or producer installation;
- there are breaches of contracts entered into on the basis of the Natural Gas Act or other legal conditions.
Closing the gas supply upon application by a consumer
- The consumer submits an online application to the network provider to close the gas supply of a site.
- Before closing the gas supply, the network provider ensures that the applicant has the right to decide to close the gas supply for the site.
- After receiving the application, representative of AS Gaasivõrk will agree the time of closing the gas supply with the consumer during 10 days.
Closing the gas supply upon a breach of network contract
- AS Gaasivõrk shall close the gas supply to the consumer only if the consumer violates the obligations arising from the concluded network contract, which are specified in the standard terms and conditions of the network agreement of AS Gaasivõrk.
- In the event of a disruption of gas supply, the network operator shall comply with the requirements set out in the Natural Gas Act for closing the gas supply
Closing the gas supply on the basis of an application from a gas seller
- AS Gaasivõrk shall close the gas supply to the consumer only in the cases specified in the standard terms and conditions of the network agreement of AS Gaasivõrk if the consumer violates the obligations arising from the gas sale agreement entered into by him.
Closing the gas supply in case of illegal use
- Under the Natural Gas Act, when it is established that illegal use of gas has taken place, the network operator has a right to interrupt the network connection immediately.
- The consumer submits an online application to reopen the gas supply to the network operator.
- After receiving the consumer’s application, the network operator issues a service fee invoice to the consumer. Such invoices are based on the AS Gaasivõrk price list for additional services.
- The gas supply may be (re)opened if the consumer has all of the required documents:
- a valid gas sales agreement and network agreement;
- if required, a copy of technical audit report issued by a company holding the relevant licence / registration (as specified in the Minister of Economic Affairs and Communications regulation for audited installations, audits and audit requirements);
- the cause for stopping the gas supply has been eliminated;
- the client has fulfilled the demands presented by the network company.
- AS Gaasivõrk shall arrange for the (re)opening of the gas supply with the consumer within five working days after the above terms have been met and the submitted service fee invoice has been paid.
- The design of the consumer installation, including the measurement system, is based on the technical conditions issued by AS Gaasivõrk. In order to issue technical conditions in the case of a new connection, submit an application for connection to gas network, and in the case of a change of the existing connection point, submit an application to change the consumption mode.
- Giving an opinion on a part of the measurement system of a consumer installation project or designing reconstructions at the consumer installation: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Expressing an opinion on the general plans and issuing the technical conditions of the detailed plans and giving an opinion:: email@example.com
- Issuing data for geo-bases and providing answers:: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The basis for compiling the design solutions in the protection zone of gas installations of AS Gaasivõrk is the technical conditions issued by AS Gaasivõrk: email@example.com
- The design solutions in the protection zone of gas installations of AS Gaasivõrk must be submitted to AS Gaasivõrk e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org for a position.
- In the protection zone of AS Gaasivõrk gas installations, work may be carried out only if there is a basic or work project approved by AS Gaasivõrk.
- Construction works related to gas installations belonging to AS Gaasivõrk may be carried out on the basis of a work project only by a company that is a framework contractual partner of AS Gaasivõrk.
- Construction work in the protection zone of AS Gaasivõrk gas installations is allowed only in the presence of owner supervision of AS Gaasivõrk.
- An authorized representative of AS Gaasivõrk must be called to perform the connection of the consumer installation at the connection point and blow through the pipeline.