Connecting to the gas network means signing a first-time contract for the supply of gas at a specific supply point along the border of the registered immovable. This applies both to an existing gas pipeline and to a new pipeline being constructed. As a rule, AS Gaasivõrk considers the owner of the respective property or his or her authorised representative as being the prospective connectee and party to the supply contract.
1. Requesting a quote
- In order to determine the feasibility and approximate cost of connecting to the gas network the connectee must submit basic information on the site. To do so, please fill out the relevant online form HERE
- The network operator will provide an initial quote based on the data to enable the prospective connectee to decide whether to continue the process or not.
2. Signing a connection contract
- If the prospective connectee accepts the connection offer, a connection contract will be concluded with the network operator and payment terms agreed upon.
- In the case of an object located in a district heating region the connectee must present the consent of the district heating supplier in order to connect to the gas network.
3. Design and construction of the supply point
- The network operator will arrange the design and construction of the gas pipeline (including gas installation(s)) up to the supply point at the border of the registered immovable.
- The connectee will be responsible for arranging the design and construction of the gas pipeline from the supply point to the consumer installation, including the installation of gas appliances. Construction works and design can be ordered from our sister company EG Ehitus.
4. Signing a network contract
5. Concluding a contract for the sale of gas
6. Commencement of gas supply
AS Gaasivõrk price list for services.
Fill application HERE
AS Gaasivõrk provides natural gas network services according to the standard terms co-ordinated by the Estonian Competition Authority (decision no. 7-10/2019-008, 8 November 2019).
- Standard terms for network contract of AS Gaasivõrk (Estonian Competition Authority decision no. 7-10/2019-008, 8 November 2019)
According to §22 (11) of the Natural Gas Act, AS Gaasivõrk has appointed AS Eesti Gaas as the natural gas seller in the network area of AS Gaasivõrk.
Starting from 1st of March 2021, a natural gas distribution price of 0.06973 euros/m3 + VAT is applied in the natural gas distribution network managed by AS Gaasivõrk.
Natural gas is subject to excise duty, if the natural gas is used as a heating fuel, i.e. natural gas is used for the production of heat (the purpose of producing heat—heating of buildings, technological processes etc.—is not relevant).
From 1 st of January 2020, the excise duty on natural gas is 0.07914 euros/m3 of natural gas. According to the amendment to the Alcohol, Tobacco, Fuel and Electricity Excise Duty Act, new excise duties on natural gas and compressed gas are temporarily in force from 1st of May 2020 to 30 April 2022. The provisional rate of excise duty is 0.04000 euros/m3.
From 1st of January 2019 excise duty free companies with intensive natural gas consumption will have excise of 0.01130 euros/m3 per natural gas unit and it will not change after 1st January 2020.
- The network contract must be entered into as soon as possible after the purchase of a real estate (for example, an apartment). The fastest and most convenient way to enter into a network contract is to submit a joint change of ownership application.
- Entering into a network contract is free of charge.
- The AS Gaasivõrk legal representative prepares a new draft network agreement within 3 days and submits it to the new owner. The parties will conclude the new network agreement within a reasonable period of time and either on paper or digitally.
- You have the right to terminate the network contract at any time by notifying us at least 1 month in advance. To terminate the contract, submit an application for termination of the network contract.
- The network contract must be terminated when the real estate is sold or the consumer changes.
- If a new consumer enters the place of consumption, the network contract with the previous owner terminates when the network contract with the new consumer is concluded.
- If the new consumer has not entered into a new network contract within 1 month, the network contract of the previous owner will be terminated in accordance with the application for termination of the network contract.
- If the new owner of the place of consumption does not want to continue consuming gas, please fill in the gas shutdown form. Gas shut-off is free.
More information and consultation regarding contractual changes write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +372 660 0009 (home and business client).
The regulation for opening and closing the gas supply regulates the process of opening and closing the gas supply for connected clients in the network area and related activities and documentation.
Closing of gas supply according to the Natural Gas Act:
- if there is danger to the life, health or property of persons or to the environment, the network operator has the right to disrupt a network connection without giving advance notice thereof to the customer;
- when it is established that illegal use of gas has taken place, the network operator has the right to disrupt the network connection immediately;
- the network operator has the right to interrupt the supply of gas, having given at least 7 days’ notice, in the following situations:
- the consumer installation adversely affects the supply of gas to another customer or the technical parameters of the network;
- the network operator is prevented from accessing a metering system located on premises owned or occupied by the customer or producer in order to inspect or replace the system or to perform any work which is necessary for operating the consumer or producer installation;
- there are breaches of contracts entered into on the basis of the Natural Gas Act or other legal conditions.
Closing the gas supply upon application by a consumer
- The consumer submits an online application to the network provider to close the gas supply of a site.
- Before closing the gas supply, the network provider ensures that the applicant has the right to decide to close the gas supply for the site.
- After receiving the application, representative of AS Gaasivõrk will agree the time of closing the gas supply with the consumer during 10 days.
Closing the gas supply upon a breach of network contract
- AS Gaasivõrk shall close the gas supply to the consumer only if the consumer violates the obligations arising from the concluded network contract, which are specified in the standard terms and conditions of the network agreement of AS Gaasivõrk.
- In the event of a disruption of gas supply, the network operator shall comply with the requirements set out in the Natural Gas Act for closing the gas supply
Closing the gas supply on the basis of an application from a gas seller
- AS Gaasivõrk shall close the gas supply to the consumer only in the cases specified in the standard terms and conditions of the network agreement of AS Gaasivõrk if the consumer violates the obligations arising from the gas sale agreement entered into by him.
Closing the gas supply in case of illegal use
- Under the Natural Gas Act, when it is established that illegal use of gas has taken place, the network operator has a right to interrupt the network connection immediately.
- The consumer submits an online application to reopen the gas supply to the network operator.
- After receiving the consumer’s application, the network operator issues a service fee invoice to the consumer. Such invoices are based on the AS Gaasivõrk price list for additional services.
- The gas supply may be (re)opened if the consumer has all of the required documents:
- a valid gas sales agreement and network agreement;
- if required, a copy of technical audit report issued by a company holding the relevant licence / registration (as specified in the Minister of Economic Affairs and Communications regulation for audited installations, audits and audit requirements);
- the cause for stopping the gas supply has been eliminated;
- the client has fulfilled the demands presented by the network company.
- AS Gaasivõrk shall arrange for the (re)opening of the gas supply with the consumer within five working days after the above terms have been met and the submitted service fee invoice has been paid.
- Technical design task issued by Gaasivõrk AS is the basis for design of all consumer gas installations, including measuring system;
- Riview of statutory plans and issuing Technical design tasks for detail plannings, including approvals: email@example.com
- Issuing data for geo-foundations and approvals: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technical design task issued by Gaasivõrk AS is the basis for design projects in the protection zone of AS Gaasivõrk gas installations: email@example.com
- Construction works at AS Gaasivõrk gas installations can be done by AS Gaasivõrk frame agreement partners;
- Construction works at AS Gaasivõrk gas installations protection zone can be done in the presence of AS Gaasivõrk owner supervision;
- Consumer gas installation connections with AS Gaasivõrk pipelines and gas blows are permitted with the consent and presence of a representative of AS Gaasivõrk.