The gas emergency number across Estonia is 13 404.
Most common reasons for gas emergencies:
- Gas appliances, pipes and connections are leaking
- Gas appliances have not been maintained
- Smoke flues hare blocked
- Insufficient extraction and/or ventilation when using a gas appliance or using a gas appliance in a room that is too small
- Damaged or corroded pipes
- Unsuitable materials for gas used in gas pipes
What to do if you discover a gas leak and smell gas:
- Switch off the gas supply if possible
- Ventilate the room(s) by opening windows and doors
- Do not use open flames or electricity
- Leave the hazardous area
- Inform other persons and the emergency services (112)
- Turn off the electricity if possible
In case of hazard symptoms, ask a specialist to determine the reason and carry out the required gas work. Gas work may only be done by a person that is appropriately registered in the economic activities register.